Minneapolis City Hall, formally the Hennepin County Courthouse and City Hall, opened in 1905 after nearly two decades of construction, designed by Long and Kees in Romanesque Revival style. The building rises twelve stories and is topped by a clock tower with a 15-foot minute hand, once among the largest four-faced clocks in the world. Its granite exterior came from Minnesota quarries, and the interior features a large central atrium with a statue of Hennepin County namesake Father Louis Hennepin carved from Carrara marble by Swedish-American sculptor Jacob Fjelde. The building continues to house Minneapolis city offices as well as Hennepin County courts and government functions.
Photo taken in January 2020.