The Kirkbride Building at the Fergus Falls Regional Treatment Center opened in 1890, designed by Willoughby J. Edbrooke under the Kirkbride Plan for treating mental illness through structured layout and natural light. Bathrooms like this one served patients housed in the building's staggered wings, each designed to hold small groups for a more domestic, less institutional feel. The facility operated under various names for over a century before closing in the early 2000s, and its exposed plumbing and clawfoot tubs remain largely untouched since. Minnesota's State Historic Preservation Office lists the complex on the National Register of Historic Places.
Photo taken in June 2014.