Creedmoor Psychiatric Center
Creedmoor Psychiatric Center — New York City, NY
Creedmoor Psychiatric Center opened in 1912 in Queens Village, Queens, as the Farm Colony of Brooklyn State Hospital, later becoming an independent state psychiatric facility in 1926. At its peak in the 1950s, the campus housed more than 6,000 patients across dozens of buildings on the sprawling grounds. Deinstitutionalization policies and a shift toward outpatient care led the state to close or repurpose much of the original campus starting in the 1980s.







